Maj.Gen. Francisco González-Espresati Amián
SPANISH AIR COMBAT COMMAND DEPUTY COMMANDER
SPANISH AIR COMBAT COMMAND CHIEFF OF STAFF
General Francisco González-Espresati Amián was born in Córdoba the 10th of September 1959.
In 1980 he joined Spanish Air Force Academy, graduating with the rank of Lieutenant in July 1984. This year he was assigned at the Fighter School to take the 71 Fighter Course in the F-5.
In June 1985 he graduated as a Fighter Pilot as top of his class, what granted him to become F-5 instructor.
Among others he has flown F-5, Mirage III, and F-18´s with more than 3000 flying hours, 2000 of them in the F-18. As F-18 pilot he has performed roles of instructor, display pilot and test pilot, having responsibilities as Chief Operations, Squadron Commander and Group Commander at the 15th Fighter Wing.
In 2001 he graduated at the Joint Staff School being assigned to the Spanish Air Force HQ.
In 2005 he was assigned to the Joint Command Lisbon (JCL) as J3 Air Fighter Ops where he contributed to the planning of operations such as Katrina Hurricane, and Pakistan Earthquake Relief as JOPG air planner. During his tour at JCL he participated in several NATO exercises (Allied Action, Allied Warrior, Steadfast Jaw) acting as Joint Coordination Board Working Group Air Ops SME.
In 2008 he was assigned to CAOC 8 as Plans Defensive Ops Officer and in 2010 became Chief Training Division.
From 2012 to 2014 he commanded 15th Fighter Wing flying the EF-18.
From 2014 to 2016 he was AOC Deputy Commander and in charge of the Spanish JFAC Core at the Spanish Air Combat Command.
Promoted to Brigadier General in 2016 was posted as Commander Torrejón Air Base.
In March 2017 he took Command of the Spanish Air Operation Center and named as Director of Operations at Spanish Air Combat Command Headquarters.
In July 2018 was promoted to Major General and named Deputy and Chief of Staff at Spanish Air Combat Command.
He has participated in numerous international and national exercises, in some of them playing as Mission Commander of large COMAO´s:
– Green Flag
– Tactical Leadership Programme
– North Sea ACMI range
– Adventure Exchange
He also has participated in NATO and UN operations:
– Deny Fly UNPROFOR (Bosnia Herzegovina) as Forward Air Controller.
– SFOR HQ in Sarajevo as Air Liaison Officer.
– Deny Flight, Joint Endeavour, Joint Guard, y Joint Forge/Joint Guardian(SFOR / IFOR and KFOR) as a pilot with 89 war missions flown with theEF-18.
– ATO Coordinator at NATO JFAC for Operation Unified Protector Libya.
Among others he has graduated in the following courses:
– Spanish Joint Staff Course
– COMANFOR Seminar France
– NATO C2COE Seminar 2015 “C2 on the Move”
– EW Staff Officer Course in EEUU
– NATO School Targeting and Weaponeering
– International Defence Resources Management (EEUU)
– Spanish Fighter/Attack Pilot course
– Spanish Fighter/Attack Pilot Instructor course
– NATO Senior Officer Information Operations
– NATO Conventional Targeting
– NATO Bi-SC Command and Control
– NATO Operational Planning
– NATO Advanced Electronic Warfare Operations
– NATO Joint Services Introductory Electronic Warfare
– Tactical Leadership Programme
– Foreign Military Sales
– Forward Air Controller
He is married with 3 children.